The below collection photographs show before and after of a property which had been rented out. During the consultation we realised that the property would not be marketable without touching up the paintwork which was very grubby, and replacing the flooring in the bedrooms where the carpets had been worn and stained.
The budget was very tight and therefore we worked only with the owner's own furniture (having it cleaned where necessary) and added some soft furnishings, rugs, lamps and other lifestyle items where necessary and within budget. We worked with the owner to choose flooring that was less expensive than the solid wood in the other rooms, but which would co-ordinate as perfectly as possible.
We project managed from start to finish - liaising with various contractors to replace the broken down boiler, carpets, retouch the paintwork, carry out minor repairs, and deep clean the apartment. On final staging day the rooms were dressed in advance of the Estate Agents Photographer arriving.
Kitchen floor tiles were too small for the size of the kitchen and they were uneven in texture which meant that they were easily dirtied but difficult to clean. In addition, the room had been extended so when the tiles were laid, some were laid on concrete and some were laid on wooden floorboards. As a consequence, several floor tiles were cracked. Options were to purchase large tiles or try a vinyl flooring solution. Tiling costs for materials and labour were over the desired budget and would have resulted in a lot of upheaval where the cupboards would have had to be removed in order to tile properly. In the end, Amtico black vinyl tiles with silver grey amtico 'grouting' were used which cost about 1/4 of the tiling price and are guaranteed for 25 years. The only upheaval was moving out free standing furniture and kick boards in advance. A screed was applied by the contractor in order to have the even surface that this kitchen floor had been lacking, before the tiles were set down. It has really made a difference to the kitchen aesthetics.
Redesign of a Small Porch
New home owners wished to redesign a small porch without the building cost of extending outside the house.
Their main issue with the porch was that it was only 2.5' wide which meant that the front door could not be fully opened when the internal door was closed, making welcoming visitors very awkward.
They also disliked the front door as they did not think it had the necessary kerb appeal nor did it provide the security they wanted living close to town. The internal door did not match any other doors in the house, so they also wanted to replace this.
On inspection of the porch and hallway, it appeared that there was a large enough space to extend the porch inwards without obstructing any doorways or restricting access to stairs. We created a design concept board for the redesign of the porch, sourced tiles, internal door and furnishings, and front door and furnishings as well as contractors (joiner, plasterer, painter, tiler) to carry out the work. Fully project managed from design to completion.
Below are photographs taken before, during and after the redesign of the porch (door numbers removed). The owners are now happy with the achieved kerb appeal as well as being able to welcome guests via their beautiful larger porch.
Sometimes decluttering a small space can be just as overwhelming for clients as decluttering an entire room. This understair cupboard became a dumping ground for anything that the owner's didn't have a designated home for, or for when they were rushing to tidy up. We removed every item and then sorted through with the owners determining whether items should be kept, donated, moved elsewhere or disposed of. Then using their own and some additional boxes, we were able to sort and label the items they wanted to store in this cupboard.